Graduates of a corresponding master's degree program have an opportunity to expand their knowledge in doctoral studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. This degree is the third, highest degree of university studies, it is full-time and its standard length is 4 years (maximum duration of study is 6 years).
The study is governed by the Study and Examination Regulations of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. Each student has an individual study plan and is led by a supervisor to whom the student has applied with the doctoral study topic. Students in the full-time form of study are provided with a scholarship.
The state doctoral exam is passed during study not later than two years after the start of the program. The study finishes with the defense of the dissertation. The graduates of the study are awarded the academic title "Doctor" (abbreviated as "Ph.D." given behind the name). All doctoral courses can also be studied in English at the FEL in Pilsen.
We offer the following branches in the study program "Electrical Engineering and Informatics" (EaI):
- Electrical Power Engineering (DEEN) - full-time
- Electronics (DELN) - full-time
- Electrical Engineering (DELT) - full-time
Reasons why I should study doctoral studies at FEE in Pilsen:
- Possibility to join the FEE/RICE team and to get a job during the studies in unique internationally acknowledged FEE/RICE teams.
- Opportunity to learn from supervisors who are world-renowned experts. Cooperating with them will give you a job reference that would otherwise be inaccessible to you.
- Collaboration on world-class R & D projects, collaboration with the most important industrial enterprises.
- Possibility to travel around the world. You will gain interesting contacts and meet important personalities at international conferences and internships.
- Scholarships according to your results.
What is the standard length of study?
Am I entitled to the dormitory?
Yes, students of the doctoral study have the opportunity to be accommodated in the dormitory. Besides, you are eligible for the same student benefits as bachelor or master students.
What are the responsibilities during the study?
The duties are always defined individually for each Ph.D. student. During your studies, you will work on a selected research assignment and engage in many scientific projects. Normally you will pass five professional exams to complement your professional skills to successfully cope with your specialist topic. You will be involved in working with students, you will publish the results of your scientific work. You will travel and attend a professional internship at a prestigious foreign workplace.
Can I change the form of study, my dissertation topic, and my supervisor during studies?
Yes, the student may switch from the full-time course to the combined one and vice versa. He/she may also change the subject of the dissertation and the supervisor but all changes must be approved and discussed by the FEE Doctoral Study Board or the FEE Scientific Board.
The whole application procedure is described here:
About the School
Faculty of Electrical Engineering is a part of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, which was established on September 28, 1991, with a history going to the year 1949. According to the main resea ... Read More