The School of Graduate Studies at Ariel University invites you to apply for a Ph.D. position in the fields of Engineering, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration and Health Sciences.
Join doctorate students from Israel and many other countries around the world in developing and expanding your horizons. Take your research to the next level by furthering your academic interests and experience in advanced laboratories, under the guidance of world-class researchers with proven research in an environment of multidisciplinary international research cooperation. Our doctorate students publish papers in leading refereed international journals and conferences.
The School of Graduate Studies will accompany you throughout the course of your studies through personal counseling and training, scholarships, awards and research grants, in addition to the opportunity to be part of the university academic teaching or research staff.
We wish you success in your studies.
Candidates must meet the following basic requirements:
- Master’s thesis grade equivalent of Israeli 85 (GPA of 3.3) or higher from an accredited academic institution.
- Prior to submitting application forms, candidates must find an advisor in the desired field of research, and submit an agreement form signed by a Ph.D. advisor.
Candidates who have obtained and submitted the agreement of an academic advisor for their proposed research to the School of Graduate Studies should submit the following documents to us:
Note: Diplomas and final grade transcripts must be certified either by a public notary or by apostille. Original documents must be presented to the School of Graduate Studies upon arriving in Israel.
- Application form
- Notarized copies of bachelor’s and master’s degree diplomas
- Notarized copies of final bachelor’s and master’s degree grade transcripts
- A PDF copy of the thesis
- Two academic recommendation letters describing the candidate’s qualifications for Ph.D. studies
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining professional experience
- English language proficiency:
- Official IELTS test score – minimum grade of 6.5 for students who did not previously study at an academic institution where English was the official language of instruction.
- If the master’s degree was granted by an institution where English is the official language of instruction, please provide an official letter from that institution stating as such.
- Ph.D. Advising Agreement Form
- Copy of foreign passport
- Passport photo
- List of publications
- Registration fee payment receipt
Applicants must pay a registration fee of $80 (USD) to ensure processing the application.
Payment is valid for one year only and may not be transferred from one year to the next.
The registration fee is non-refundable, even if the applicant is not accepted, and/or if he/she cancels his/her registration.
The registration fee is payable via PayPal.
Academic guidelines & timeline
Students applying for a research grant will be interviewed by an advisor to determine the student’s availability and capability to conduct research at the appropriate level within a standard time-frame.
After acceptance, students must record their progress by submitting an updated Form 727 to the Doctorate Committee of the School of Graduate Studies according to the following timeline:
- A literature review must be submitted up to 6 months from beginning Ph.D. studies.
- A research proposal and study plan must be submitted up to 12 months from the beginning of Ph.D. studies.
- Approval of research proposal and determination of “good standing” status (Internal authorization will be forwarded to the research student by the department coordinator.).
- Initial progress report -1: progress in implementation of the research must be submitted up to 24 months from the beginning of Ph.D. studies.
- Intermediate progress report -2: progress in implementation of the research must be submitted up to 30 months from the beginning of Ph.D. studies.
- Intermediate progress report -3: progress in implementation of the research must be submitted up to 36 months from the beginning of Ph.D. studies.
- Receive authorization from the advisor for submitting the thesis for peer-review and then for external review up to 48 months from the beginning of Ph.D. studies.
- Authorization of eligibility is issued up to 3 months from the beginning of online travel form.
- Authorization of eligibility for Ph.D. /final grades transcript by the department (may be extracted from the student’s personal information or from the department coordinator).
The Doctorate Committee will report about the personal progress of the student to the Grant Committee at the conclusion of each step. In addition, the advisor will provide a quarterly report, regarding the research student’s progress (Form 727).
About the School
Ariel University, originally established as a small college in 1982, was officially recognized as a full research university in 2012, making it Israel’s newest university. It is evolving into a major ... Read More