Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
Study Field: Historical Sciences
- Form of study: Part-time/Full-time
- The standard length of study: 3 years
- Number of ECTS credits allocated: Study is not credit-based
- Graduation requirements: State Doctoral examination and Doctoral thesis defense
- Tuition fee (per academic year): Maximum 2,900 EUR
History Ph.D. students realize scientific research and become independent and creative specialists in the field. Graduates will be able to present and defend the outcomes of their research in the local and international scientific community. Graduates are able to state objectives and choose methods of their own research work and are able to formulate original scientific and research projects. Graduates communicate actively in at least two languages within their field, they publish articles in specialized magazines, and they are able to present their research in lectures. Graduates work as highly qualified specialists in scientific and research institutions (universities, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, museums, archives, etc.) or in spheres where their education and experience are valuable (state administration, politics, diplomacy, cultural and educational institutions, preservation, etc.).