Growth and death in bacterial communities from KAUST Video on Vimeo.
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is designed to prepare students for research careers in academia and industry. It is offered exclusively as a full-time program.
There is a minimum residency requirement at KAUST of 3.5 years for students entering with a B.S. degree and 2.5 years for students entering with an M.S. degree. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved on all Doctoral coursework. Individual courses require a minimum of a B- to earn course credit.
The Ph.D. degree includes the following steps:
- Securing a Dissertation Advisor
- Successful completion of program coursework
- Passing the Qualifying Examination
- Passing the Dissertation Proposal Defense to obtain candidacy status
- Preparing, submitting and successfully defending a Doctoral dissertation
Internships and Visiting Opportunities available here.
About the School
Established in 2009, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea. Ranked 1st in the world for citations per ... Read More