Typically a three- to four-year post-master's degree. The Ph.D., involves original research, culminating in a research dissertation.
Ph.D. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS:
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is designed to prepare students for research careers in academia and industry.
It is offered exclusively as a full-time program.
There is a minimum residency requirement at KAUST of 3.5 years for students entering with a B.S. degree and 2.5 years for students entering with an M.S. degree. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be achieved on all Doctoral coursework. Individual courses require a minimum of a B- to earn course credit.
Students pursuing Ph.D. degree are required to complete the following degree requirements to earn the degree:
- Securing a Dissertation Advisor.
- Successful completion of program coursework.
- Passing the Qualifying Examination.
- Formation of the Dissertation Committee.
- Passing the Dissertation Proposal Defense.
- Defend and Submit Ph .D. Dissertation.
Ph.D. DEGREE TIMELINE: