Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Dubai Campus offers Doctoral of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in the Biotechnology field. Ph.D. program at Manipal Academy of Higher Education, DubaiC is a Full-Time program and admissions are open throughout the year. The Biotechnology Ph.D. degree program includes a rigorous core course requirement, and laboratory training, the successful completion of a comprehensive exam, seminar attendance, oral presentations, and defense of a dissertation describing original research.
Current Research Thrust
- Cancer Biology
- Human Genetics
- Applied Microbiology
- Stem cell biology
Admission to Doctoral Program
The candidates will be admitted to the Ph.D. Program based on the following conditions:
- The candidate will first apply to MU, Dubai and register for the Ph.D. program after paying the application fee (AED 100) and registration fee (AED 2000)
- SAP will generate the student identification number
- The School of Life Sciences, MU, Dubai will form a Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC) for each candidate as per MU rules and regulations
- The candidate shall present the research proposal to the DAC.
- If the proposal involves the use of animals or human subject/materials, proper ethical approval shall be submitted along with the application
- If the proposal involves the use of transgenic/recombinant DNA technology, Institutional bio-safety committee approval will be submitted.
- The DAC recommendation along with the candidate’s application shall be sent to The Deputy Registrar, Manipal University, 3rd Floor, Manipal.edu, Madhav Nagar, Manipal 576104, India.
- The candidate will be called upon to present the research proposal to the Ph.D. committee in India and Guide or co –Guide will present during the presentation.
- The candidate will be finally registered after getting MU-PhD committee approval.
- The date of the presentation will be the date of registration.
- After receiving the registration, candidates will then pay the Ph.D. registration fee at Manipal University, India and laboratory fee to the MU, Dubai.
THEORY COURSEWORK: The candidate needs to take at least 2 subjects (8-12 credits) as per the recommendation of Doctoral Advisory Committee during his/her first year.
A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. program must have a master’s degree with at least 60% marks or 2.75 CGPA in biotechnology, biological sciences, life sciences, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, or plant biology from a recognized university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 16, 2018