Doctoral Degree Program in Building Engineering
The graduates in the branch of Building Engineering acquire thorough professional and theoretical knowledge according to their orientation in the field of:
- the design and theory of building structures,
- rehabilitation and reconstruction of buildings,
- material engineering,
- building physics,
- acoustics and lighting,
- numerical analysis of building structures and their parts,
- health safety of buildings,
- fire safety of buildings,
- multi-criterion assessment of buildings with respect to sustainable development,
- evaluation of energy performance of buildings,
- specific problems of conservation and revitalization of listed buildings,
- design of intelligent building systems,
- building microclimate,
- inside environment technology,
- progressive technologies of building implementation,
- protection of buildings against increased moisture,
- degradation and biodegradation processes,
- probability theory and statistics
- applied computer science.
In individual specialization modules, the students may further enrich their professional profile with a balanced portfolio of advanced theoretic knowledge in natural sciences, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and architecture.
The graduates in the branch of Building Engineering have deep knowledge allowing them to apply in the analysis, design or erection of buildings the latest theoretical and numerical procedures based on accurate mathematical, physical and geometric models, the master in the necessary scope computer technology and relevant software applications and modern numerical procedures in solving practical problems.
In order to be able to settle in writing any possible inadequacies occurring in the submitted materials, the Faculty requires the application forms to be sent by mid-April and mid-November. The academic year for the Doctoral Degree Program commences on the 1st March and 1st October every year.
About the School
Czech Technical University in Prague is the oldest technical university in Europe, founded in 1707 and is currently a leading technical research university within the region and in the Prague Research ... Read More