The AeU PhD (Education) produces outstanding professionals who can handle today's critical educational challenges. Each of the specializations is designed to match current interests. It is geared for professional practitioners in education from public or private schools, community or government agencies, training departments, institutions of higher education and other education-related settings. Intake is all year round.
Accredited programme  by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) , Ministry of Higher Education.
• Any discipline is Education is accepted
• There’s no proposal at the point of entry. Why? We want to help you from the start by doing the research proposal together
• AeU will outsource to local or international supervisor – to suit your needs
• Attendance for research workshops and/or colloquia is not compulsory
• Close monitoring process is our main focus
• Possess a Masters Degree in education approved by AeU Senate OR
• Possess a Masters Degree and teaching experience or related experience for a period of 2 years.
Modes of Study:
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Blended Learning
Duration: 3-4 years
No. of Semesters: 12 (1 semester is 4 mths)
Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional): Once a month – Saturday & Sunday
Supervisor: Provided by AeU
Audit Subjects (Optional):
• Research Methodology
• Multivariate Analysis
• Qualitative Research
MQA Accreditation: PA 9152
EPF & HRDF Claimable (Malaysians Only): YES
• Enhance knowledge of theory, developments, and practices in the selected specialization;
• Enhance ability to create conceptual systems that reflect synthesis, coherence, and extension of knowledge about education;
• Provide opportunities to engage in academic research, scholarship, systematic inquiry, communicate and evaluate research;
• Enhance ability to understand, utilize and interpret basic principles and methodologies of educational research design and data analysis;
• Enhance understanding of computer technology and its applications in educational settings;
• Provide a graduate experience that is intellectually stimulating, professionally relevant, leading to research that supports decision making and problem-solving around the key issues facing the six areas of education.
• Curriculum & Instruction: teaching and learning theory, curricular designs, school improvement, student achievement, a social science subject, nursing education, teacher education and reflective practice who will assume senior positions as curriculum planners, curriculum evaluators, pedagogues and so forth.
• Educational Psychology: cognitive development, learning & metacognition, personality, attitudes & beliefs; behavior modification and counseling; who will assume senior positions in colleges & universities, school settings, testing firms, industry and research organizations.
• Instructional Technology: computer-mediated communication, computer-based instruction, web-based learning, instructional systems design and collaborative online learning; who will assume senior positions as leaders in instructional design departments, managers of e-Learning organizations and education-related organizations.
• Language & Literacy: discourse analysis, language & gender, teaching reading & writing, critical literacies, bilingual education, literature; who will assume senior positions in school settings, language departments, and education-related organizations.
• Mathematics & Science Education: children learning of mathematics and science, misconceptions in science, problem-solving in mathematics, constructivism & mathematics, technology in teaching mathematics & science, numeracy issues; and who will assume senior positions in school settings, colleges, universities and curriculum development departments.
• Educational Management & Leadership: interrelated societal and organizations dimensions of educational institutions; undertake research in policy, bureaucracy & devolution, professional development, leadership; for senior administrative and management positions in education.