PhD in Business Administration
Koç PhD program's main focus is to train students to become influential research scholars in their field of study at top universities worldwide. Interested students should desire an academic position at a top university, and possess the motivation and ability to attain this goal. For this reason, our program is not an appropriate option for people planning to work in the industry.
Three aspects of the program stand out to help achieve its primary goal of training high-quality researchers:
The Quality of the Faculty
Koç GSB Faculty members have PhD's from reputable PhD programs worldwide, are research-active and publish in top journals in their area of expertise (click here for a list of most recent publications). Additionally, a number of faculties are represented in editorial review boards of top journals.
Koç University PhD in Business Administration program has a flexible structure to accommodate students with unique goals and backgrounds. For example, PhD candidates in marketing can focus on consumer behavior, strategy, or modeling, and customize their coursework accordingly. This customization may involve taking courses from related disciplines, including economics, and psychology.
Note that our program requirements focus on developing conceptual and methodological skills, which are essential to producing quality academic research.
Koç GSB Faculty is dedicated to the training of Phd students, and collaborate with them on joint projects. Published papers that resulted from such collaborations attest to the success of this approach. PhD students have very limited teaching responsibilities so that they can focus on their research program and develop their research skills without much distraction in their time.
For students interested in experimental methods, there is a dedicated marketing lab with twenty one lab stations. Data collection is simplified thanks to specialized software that handles study announcements, participant sign-ups, and extra credit assignments.
We emphasize a supportive culture among our PhD students and focus on the collective success of the group rather than individual students. Resulting supportive social environment enables students to establish valuable relationships with their colleagues in the program.
In order to apply to the PhD Program, the applicants must complete the online application and upload the following;
• GMAT/GRE, TOEFL, and ALES test scores (GMAT and TOEFL scores should be sent to the institution number 0163 and GRE score should be sent to the institution number 0668) Minimum scores for the tests are:
• An official academic transcript from every university attended
• A statement of purpose describing your proposed area of study and why you are prepared for this program.
• Three (or more) Letters of Recommendation. The candidate should provide the contact information of those who will fill in the reference letters in the online application. They will be provided with the web link to the reference letter form via e-mail.
• A curriculum vitae
• Application fee payment slip
Selected applicants will be called for an interview by the Graduate School of Business.
Tuition and Scholarships
There are no tuition fees for any of our Ph.D. programs as all are offered with full tuition scholarships to a selected group of candidates each year.
The scholarships include:
- 100% tuition scholarship
- Monthly salary
- Free accommodation or housing allowance
- Other benefits (health insurance, office space, laptop, travel awards for conferences)