PhD, Leadership: Curriculum and Instruction
Concordia University Chicago's doctoral program in leadership with a concentration in curriculum and instruction is for teachers who wish to pursue a program as educators and scholars preparing for leadership roles in public or private schools. This program develops educational experts who can design, implement, evaluate and manage curriculum and instruction programs in K-12 schools.
- Develop the abilities for research and critical thinking in the field of curriculum and instruction, with a theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Develop competency in curriculum evaluation, development and mapping.
- Improve understanding in the teaching and learning process.
- Build a strong professional background in areas related to curriculum and instruction.
- Support and lead reform and change efforts related to teacher development in schools.
The coursework will assist in facilitating the exploration, discussion and understanding of the challenges and possibilities of teacher education.
Academic Entry Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from a U.S. equivalent, regionally accredited institution
- Current Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test scores (test taken within the prior three years)
English Language Proficiency:
- IELTS: minimum 6.0
- or TOEFL: minimum 60 (internet-based)
- or Michigan Test: minimum 85
Official test scores should be provided. International students who have earned an advanced degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or students from an international English-speaking university (in which the language of instruction is English) need not submit English language scores.
- Completed and signed application
- Objective statement
- Writing sample: Submit a paper from your master’s program that demonstrates your ability to write in a scholarly manner at a level typical of graduate work. This sample should approach, but not exceed, five pages in length
- Professional resume showing past experience: at least two years of successful teaching/ administrative experience
- Copy of official transcript
- Copy of passport
- Foreign transcript evaluation*
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Declaration of finances/bank statement/financial guarantee
This school offers programs in:
*This is an estimated duration.
Cost & Fees
**This is an indication – prices will vary depending on the time spent completing the dissertation.
Last updated January 13, 2017