The Ph.D. programme offered by the institute requires an original doctoral thesis that should result in a significant contribution to that field. The aim of this programme is to keep pace with the expanding frontiers of knowledge in management and broader social sciences. The average duration of the programme is 4-5 years.
Major Areas of Research:
VIM has identified a few priority areas of research. The faculty & students are encouraged to undertake the research in the following broad areas, and any other areas of interest and benefit to VIM: :
- Management of Innovation & Technology
- Entrepreneurship Development
- International Trade
- Corporate Governance & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Oriental Management Practices
Any interdisciplinary research is always promoted.
- VIM follows the rules laid down by Savitribai Phule Pune University for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
- A candidate desirous of seeking admission to VIM’s PGRC needs to appear for the entrance test conducted by the SPPU. No separate test will be conducted for other affiliated colleges/recognized institutions.
- The list of candidates declared successful in Paper-l & II will be published by the P.G. Admission Section of the SPPU. Candidates will have to mention the Research Centre of their choice for the admission.
- The interview and the guide allotment will be done by VIM’s PGRC as per the rules for degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- For admission to the Ph.D. programme in a related subject in the faculty, applicants fulfilling the following criteria shall be treated as eligible
- A person having a Post Graduate Degree(Master Degree) Examination with at least 50% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA).
- Persons having passed Post-Graduate Degree (Master Degree) Examination Law Faculty with at least 55%.
- 5% relaxation for reserve category students of Maharashtra State only.
Ph.D. Course Work - Overview
Introduction: The coursework is mandatory for all students enrolled for Ph.D. Programme under the new rules that have come into existence vide the UGC circular dated 17th July 2009.
The coursework shall comprise of 3 parts:
- Part I – To be organized & evaluated at the identified research centers [5 credits]
- Part II – To be organized & evaluated at the research center where the candidate is enrolled [10 credits]
- Part III – Joint Publication of research work by candidate and research guide [5 credits]
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018