The Ph.D. Program in Arabic Language and Literature aims at preparing students to be scholars and specialists in this field with an open mind and horizon to relative disciplines. The program will focus on scientific research, knowledge and modern new theories in its two tracks: 1- language and syntax 2 - literature and literary criticism. This will be in accordance with the UAE University’s goal as a scientific research university.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Will demonstrate the breadth of knowledge in the discipline and advance, in-depth knowledge in the sub-discipline or area of specialization.
- Will have performed and defended an original work of research in their fields of specialization which contributed new human knowledge.
- Will be able to identify, analyze critically and explain open problems in their disciplines and apply relevant research methodology for finding a possible solution.
- Will be able to communicate the major tenets of their field of specialization and their work orally and in writing to the faculty, their peers, and the lay public.
- Will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in their field, and articulate strategies to mitigate situations related to ethical issues in their profession.
- Will demonstrate an insight into the transferable nature of research skills to other work environments and the range of career opportunities available to them inside and outside academia.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 54 hours
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018