The doctoral program is drawn to prepare experts for independent creative work applying a high level of knowledge in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, microbiology and advanced instrumental techniques. The graduates are prepared to work in various types of biochemical research in medical, food, environmental and agricultural areas, in biotechnological, pharmaceutical and food industry, as well as in various types of analytical laboratories. Thanks to their deep knowledge in life sciences they are also prepared to adapt to work in various related professions.
The graduates are prepared to provide top research-oriented on life sciences in medical, food, agricultural and environmental areas and to serve in leading positions in research institutions and biotechnological industry. They will find a job in academic institutions, in biotechnological, pharmaceutical and food industry, in governmental institutions and supervisory bodies.
Selection of recent theses
- Homeobox genes of freshwater jellyfish Craspedacusta sowerbyi
- Elicitors from Leptosphaeria maculans inducing resistance in Brassica napus plants
- Proteome changes in activated platelets
- Flavonoids in the Apiaceae Family
- Structural analysis of biologically relevant interactions of retroviral and cellular proteins
- Study of interaction of retroviral matrix protein with liposomes by surface mapping method
- The study of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Oxidative processes during activation of blood platelets
- Effectors and elicitors of Leptosphaeria maculans in the immune responses of Brassica napus
- The synthesis of new compounds with a potential biological activity and the synthesis of prodrugs with chemical and enzymatic methods
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018