- Duration (years): 3
- Qualification Awarded: Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration
- Level of Qualification: Doctorate Degree (3rd Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English and Greek
- Mode of Study: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 180
Profile of the Programme
A research doctorate programme leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The degree encompasses an active participatory learning style as appropriate and participants are encouraged to develop knowledge and skills through group and individual projects, ranging from the presentation of their own work to active critique tasks.
The PhD contains only one course: Research Philosophy, Methodology, and Methods. The taught module provides ongoing guidance on work in progress. This will help to support the achievement of appropriate standards where work is developed and discussed as an on-going and iterative process between candidate and lectures. Following this, students need to proceed by completing and submitting the final assignment for assessment. Further, the PhD 803 (Research Philosophy, Methodology and Methods course) has an assessed presentation (taking place in front of the faculty and class) and assignment. This guarantees that the students get all the necessary support and guidance. It is anticipated that the taught course will be assessed via an assignment of 7500 words in length and is followed by the thesis, which is approximately 80,000 words (including the part from the assignment from the taught course).
The students may be asked to follow additional courses from the Master's programmes, depending on his/her needs as agreed with the supervisory team.
Access to Further Studies
Students should pass all assessed work requirements of the programme (presentation, assignment, final proposal approval, thesis viva exam). There is no written examination. Students need to pass the annual evaluation from the DPPC.
Successful complete the programme requirements and pass the viva examination.
- Develop a substantial contribution to theoretical knowledge and practice;
- Provide insight into research and research methods, understand the role of an independent researcher, capable of developing and carrying out a well-conceived research plan, directed towards a given aim and objectives;
- Create, interpret and apply knowledge through scientific research that merits publication;
- Acquire and demonstrate an understanding of a substantial body of knowledge at the forefront of current business concepts and processes;
- Conceptualise, design and implement a substantial research project that generates new knowledge that contributes to theory and practice;
- Develop and implement suitable research philosophies, methodologies, and methods.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
About the School
UNIC is the largest university in Cyprus, with over 12,000+ students, from over 70 countries across the globe, coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space.