Justification and Purpose
The Doctoral Programme in Business Administration seeks to train competent academic researchers at an international standard in the field of Management.
The Programme’ specific objectives are:
- Promote the advancement of knowledge in Business Administration;
- Prepare students to develop independent and original scientific research in Business Administration;
- Provide students with the necessary support to produce high quality research, by attending a programme of taught courses;
- Contribute to the interdisciplinary discussion of knowledge in Business Administration and its interactions with other areas of knowledge;
- Promote communication within the academic community and to society in general by discussing the results, contributions and implications of research projects;
- Capacite students to take action in their professional and social contexts within the various domains of Business Administration in a way that contributes to scientific and social progress.
This doctoral programme, totalling 180 ECTS, is organised in two distinct phases: a first academic year of coursework dedicated to learning and research within compulsory course units (in the areas of Management and Epistemology), a wide range of elective course units in the various areas of Management (Accounting, Applied Quantitative Methods, Finance, Marketing and Strategy and Organisation and Business Policy) and various theoretical and methodological seminars with a view to prepare students to write their doctoral thesis; and the following four semesters that are exclusively dedicated to the production of research and its dissemination.
English is the working language in the Doctoral Programme in Business Administration, which offers excellent conditions for researching, both in terms of facilities and bibliographical, software and databases. It relies on a highly qualified faculty body, affiliated to research centres with good assessments (NIPE - Economic Policies Research Centre, and CEMAPRE - Centre of Mathematics Applied to Economic Forecasting and Decision) and with growing publication rates. Students come from 15 different nationalities, fostering an excellent working and social environment.
If you are looking to obtain advanced training of excellence and to develop your research skills in the areas of Management, EEG's Doctoral Programme in Business Administration offers you the necessary resources and support to be successful at such a demanding endeavour.
Should you need further information, please do download the flyer and/or brochure of the Doctoral Programme in Business Administration.
Do not miss the opportunity to learn more about the University of Minho performance worldwide in what concerns the rankings:
Times Higher Education 100 Under 50: in the category of the 100 best universities under 50 years old – University of Minho ranks 64 in the world (32nd in Europe and 1st in Portugal).
Times Higher Education: the University of Minho is among the 351-400 best Universities in the world (1st in Portugal).
CWTS Leiden: the University of Minho ranks 202 in the world in Social Sciences (89th in Europe and 2nd in Portugal).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017