This inter-university Doctoral programme in Business Administration is implemented by two Latvian partner universities: RISEBA University and BA School of Business. This programme will serve as an incubator for future thought leaders in academia and in practice by immersing them in substantial research and allowing them to work closely with senior faculty.
All doctoral students undergo a two-year taught stage during which they receive a thorough grounding in research design, skills and methods. This phase includes courses in Strategic Management, Finance Management, Research Methods, as well as a number of elective courses, all contributing to the development of students’ own research projects.
The research stage of the programme usually takes three years to complete. Having developed research proposals in consultation with their supervisors, students conduct their own research. RISEBA DBA candidates utilize their career experience and industry knowledge in developing research projects, which not only tackle important unresolved problems in the real world but also make a significant contribution to their subject fields.
- Degree: PhD in Business Management
- Language of instruction: Latvian, Russian, English
- Duration of the programme: Full-time studies last for 3 years, part-time studies - 4 years (the maximal term of studies – 5 years).
The studies start in January 2017.
- Application form
- Certified copy of academic qualification (master degree)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description of potential doctoral thesis topic (10 -15 p.)
- Copy of passport
- Registration payment - 30.00 EUR
- 2 color passport photos
Enrollment requirements for the doctoral programme
Applications to the doctoral programme can be submitted by persons having Master’s degree in social sciences or persons with Master’s degree in humanitarian and technical sciences if they have at least a 2-year experience in Business Administration, Public Management or Management of Educational and have sufficient knowledge in the field of Management Sciences.
Foreign applicants must have an education that is equivalent to the Master’s degree in Latvia. Conformity of the degree is determined by experts of the Centre for Academic Information.
- Strategic Management
- Data Mining
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
- Research Methods
Limited Choice Electives
- Management and Organisational Theory
- Risk Management and Crisis Management
- Resource Development Management
- Human Resources Management
- Business in Various Spheres
- Project Management
- Innovation Management
Free Choice Electives
- Business Foreign Language
- Globalization processes
- Publications (minimum 3, for each 1-2 CP)
- Participation in international conferences and workshops (minimum three presentations included)
- Preparation, design, and presentation of the doctoral thesis