The School of Economics and Management, University of Porto, is a leading school in the fields of Economics and Management in Portugal with a long experience in teaching and research in these fields. By enrolling in the Doctoral Programme, students benefit from the expertise and experience of this most distinguished research community.
The Doctoral Programme in Business and Management Studies started in 2006/2007. It is considered a success story, given the number of applicants, theses completed, and publications (journal papers and conference papers) based on research conducted during the programme.
The Business and Management Studies Doctoral Programme includes a one-year course work with a concentration in one of the following five fields of study:
- Management Accounting and Control
- Marketing and Strategy
- Operations and Logistics
- Organisation and Human Resources.
The main objectives of the Business and Management Studies Doctoral Programme are:
- to examine and integrate concepts and theoretical frameworks in management and related fields, and get a general view of the state-of-the-art knowledge in their field of studies;
- to develop research skills that enable students to carry out original and rigorous research, formulate significant research questions, design empirical research, and analyze and interpret data;
- to allow the participation of students in international research networks and the publication of their research in international academic journals.
The Programme aims to promote the training of researchers in the area of Business and Management Studies.
Applicants who wish to enroll in this programme must be highly motivated:
- to become a full member of the international research community of management scholars;
- to participate in international conferences;
- to submit the research for publication in international academic journals.
Candidates are expected to have earned a master’s degree from an accredited institution in business and management studies or another closely related field. Candidates who have not previously completed a master’s degree in economics, business or management may be required to attend specific training sessions prior to taking the remaining courses in their degree plan. Satisfying minimal standards does not guarantee admission.
Admission decisions are based on a number of factors such as academic degrees and records, the statement of purpose (motivation letter), and relevant research experience. In the statement of purpose, candidates should describe their research interests and aspirations, and motivation to pursue a doctorate degree.
1st call: January 5 till March 1, 2021
Applications online: www.fep.up.pt
About the School
FEP is the School of Economics and Management of the University of Porto. The University of Porto is one of the most prestigious Higher Education Institutions in Portugal and Europe and highly ranked ... Read More