The main goal of the Chemical Engineering at our university is the quality education of Ph.D. students for future research and production work in the fields of:
- food and other related industries;
- laboratories of analytical, environmental, sanitary-epidemiological, certification services.
Education at our university has a number of features among which are:
- Ph.D. education usually takes three years (6 semesters). Disciplines are studied during the first semester; the remaining 5 semesters are devoted to the implementation of research work.
- The thesis work of Ph.D. students is carried out as part of funded research projects. Our scientists work in various fields of chemical engineering. A list of existing projects can be found on our university website.
- The thesis may be devoted to solving problems of the real manufacturers.
- Large enterprises are represented in Kazakhstan:
- uranium mining enterprises – KazAtomProm;
- oil production and oil refining - Karachaganak Petroleum, Tengiz Chevroil;
- extraction and production of non-ferrous metals - Kazakhmys, KazZinc, etc.;
- food industry.
- Our university is located in the city at the foot of the mountains, has the largest campus in Kazakhstan. Almaty is a cultural capital, comfortable for living, a crossroads of various cultures.
Applications for Admissions
Applications for Fall 2020 are now being accepted. Admission is highly selective and competitive. Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency, typically established through the IELTS or TOEFL.
All steps and necessary documents for admission are described on our found on our university website. Fee lfree to contact us here for any question or comments.
The applicants should register on our university website pages, and get access to the online application form in the “Online Registration” on the section of the Personal Account.
About the School
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is the leading institution of the system of higher education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which was the first to pass the state certification and which has justi ... Read More