PhD in Chemical and Biological Engineering
Chemical & Biological Engineering is a discipline that integrates chemistry and biology at the molecular level and uses this broad foundation along with engineering fundamentals to study the synthesis of new processes and products. Our graduate program in Chemical and Biological Engineering is an interdisciplinary program that combines chemical engineering fundamentals and systems biology to meet the research challenges of the future.
The research areas of interest are:
- Dug Discovery
- Tissue Engineering
- Plant Biotechnology
- Protein-Protein Interactions
- Protein Folding
- Process Dynamics, Control and Optimization
- Systems Engineering
- Supercritical Fluids
- Synthesis of Nanostructured Materials
- Fuel Cells and Sustainable Development
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Biological Clock
- Interaction Networks and Pathways
- Modeling of metal organic frameworks for energy applications
- Molecular simulations of crystalline nanoporous membranes for gas separations
- Computational studies of adsorption and diffusion in porous materials
- Supercritical fluids and ionic liquids
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
Students admitted will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award: 1,300 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2017