PhD in Computational Sciences and Engineering
Graduate education in computational science and engineering (CMSE) at Koç University is offered through an interdisciplinary program among the Departments of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering. In this program graduate, students are trained on modern computational science techniques and their applications to solve scientific and engineering problems. New technological problems and associated research challenge heavily depend on computational modeling and problem-solving. Because of the availability of powerful and inexpensive computers, model-based computational experimentation is now a standard approach to analysis and design of complex systems where real experiments can be expensive or infeasible. Graduates of the CMSE Program should be capable of formulating solutions to computational problems through the use of multidisciplinary knowledge gained from a combination of classroom and laboratory experiences in basic sciences and engineering. Individuals with B.S. degrees in biology, chemistry, physics, and related engineering disciplines should apply for graduate study in the CMSE Program.
Research areas of interest
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- Computational Chemistry
- Computational Physics
- Molecular Dynamics and Simulation
- Parallel and High-Performance Computing
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Dynamical and Stochastic Systems
- Quantum Mechanics of Many-Body Systems
- Electronic Design Automation
- Numerical Methods
- Simulation of Material Synthesis
- Structural Dynamics
- Biomedical Modeling and Simulation
- Virtual Environments
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
All the applicants should apply through ONLINE APPLICATION PROGRAM.
- Application Form
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
Students admitted have the following offer:
- Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 3,000 TL.
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award for MSc students: 2000 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 1,500 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018