Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
An interdisciplinary program on the physical and chemical fundamentals of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property behavior, processing, and computational modeling; with emphasis on practical laboratory experience.
Research areas of interest:
- Nanostructured materials
- Photonics & laser materials
- Polymeric materials & composites
- Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials
- Processing & device applications
- Protein biochemistry & biotechnology
- Micro-optics & micro-nano system technologies
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL IBT (minimum 80) exam scores
- General GRE exam scores (minimum 155 on quantitative section)
- Statement of Purpose
All these documents are required and should be uploaded using our online application system.
Please note that GRE and TOEFL requirements can’t be waived for any applicant even if they did their whole previous education in English.
After you submit your online application you may be shortlisted and contacted by the Graduate School to schedule an interview by Skype.
After the interview, if you are offered admission into the program you will also automatically receive a scholarship offer. There are no additional forms.
The scholarships for our PhD (4 years) program include:
- 100% tuition scholarship
- Monthly stipend and free accommodation (on a competitive basis)
- Other benefits (health insurance, office space)
About the School
Koç University is a leading research and liberal arts university located in Istanbul, Turkey that offers all its programs in English. Recognized globally for facilitating cutting-edge research in its ... Read More