Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
An interdisciplinary program on the physical and chemical fundamentals of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property behavior, processing, and computational modeling; with emphasis on practical laboratory experience.
Research areas of interest:
- Nanostructured materials
- Photonics & laser materials
- Polymeric materials & composites
- Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials
- Processing & device applications
- Protein biochemistry & biotechnology
- Micro-optics & micro-nano system technologies
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted have the following offer:
- Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 3,000 TL .
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award for MSc students: 2000 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 1,500 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 15, 2018