For students interested in the Ph.D program, it requires a a master’s degree or successful completion of a minimum of one academic year of graduate study, from an institution of recognized standing in an area related to the proposed doctoral study. All applicants must submit Graduate Record Examination scores for the general test. Student will take a written qualifying examination soon after gaining admission to the program.
Additional examinations, as described in the general Graduate School requirements, are given throughout the program, culminating with the defense of the dissertation. There is no language requirement for the Ph.D. The program typically includes at least one academic year of course work and one year of research beyond the master’s level. The Ph.D. program requires a minimum of 66 semester credit hours of course work beyond the bachelor’s level, including 18 hours of research and dissertation.
Multiple fully funded Ph.D. positions (supported via Research Assistantships) are available in the exciting field of Deep Learning. The positions are expected to start in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018. Undergraduate, MS students and visiting scholars are also welcome (depending on cases, some funding may be available).
The research topic: is flexible and will be in areas of mutual interest in Deep Learning. Topics include but are not limited to: computer vision applications; generative modeling; understanding and explaining deep neural networks; improving model reliability and security; combining deep learning and evolutionary algorithms.
If you are interested in applying for a Ph.D. position, please send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV (including your updated Google Scholar page in case you have any publications)
- GRE scores (the percentile scores)
- A list of references (their names, titles, organizations, and how you know them)
- All previous university-level transcripts
- A list of background courses relevant to research in AI (e.g. statistics, math, machine learning, etc.)
- A 1-page pdf document (or a link to a video of yourself) where you answer specifically:
- What are your motivations for obtaining a Ph.D.? <li>What are your research interests in Deep Learning? (it is alright if you do not know what subject you want to study at this point, but it would help to get a better sense of your interests)</li> <li>Why do you think our lab is the right fit for you?</li> <li>If accepted, when can you start? (which semester)</li>
Preferred qualifications: Ph.D. students are preferred to have a strong mathematical background and programming skills. Having a Master’s degree is a plus, but not required.
Deadline: Positions available until filled (no specific deadlines). Students are to start in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.
Program: This is a flexible research-oriented Ph.D. program where students with a strong background may choose to focus on doing research from day 1 (without having to worry about completing required coursework).
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately I’m unable to notify every applicant, except only those who appear to be a good match.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 24, 2017