C A L L
for admission of students to postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes for acquiring the academic degree of Doctor of Science in the area of Engineering Sciences in the academic year 2020/21:
In the subjects of Computer Science for the modules
- Computer Science
The number of students accepted: 10.
By choosing courses with the guidance of his or her supervisor, each student can adjust the programme to his or her research interests.
Postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes accept applicants with the following degrees: Graduate Engineer, Master of Engineering, or Master of Engineering Sciences (in the subjects of Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science). The programme is also open to applicants with a degree in related fields, in which case they might need to pass exams in supplemental courses. Applicants must have completed a university graduate study programme with 300 ECTS credits including the undergraduate part of the programme, or a university undergraduate study programme of at least 4 years. Applicants who have earned a degree from a foreign educational institution are required to attach a decision from a competent authority on the recognition of the foreign degree.
Applications for admission are to be submitted to the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Vukovarska ulica 58, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia, until 2. October 2020. Upon applying, applicants will be called in for an interview with a committee appointed by the Faculty Council (planned between 5. and 12. October). Admission to the programme is approved by the Faculty Council.
Registration will be carried out from 2 to 6 November 2020.
Classes will start on 15 November 2020.
Applicants are required to submit the following with the Application Form PDS-1:
- completed Curriculum Vitae Form PDS-2
- certified copy of the degree from the previously completed programme, with an official document containing marks received on exams and the graduate thesis and an average mark
- two recommendations in Recommendation Form PDS-3
- supervision approval from a potential supervisor and the supervisor’s curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- birth certificate and certificate of citizenship
- note from the legal entity in which the applicant is employed, saying that it will cover the applicant’s tuition fees, or a statement from the applicant that he or she will cover the fees.
- doctoral Student’s Sustainable Research Plan form, signed by the supervisor (PDS-15).
To get supervision approval, applicants first need to talk to the head of the module and the potential supervisor who must meet the conditions for supervisors in accordance with Article 18 of the Faculty of Engineering Regulations on Postgraduate Doctoral Study Programmes.
The tuition fee per semester is 7.500,00 HRK, in accordance with the special Decision on the amount of financial compensation.
All other information regarding the call, postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes, Regulations on Postgraduate Doctoral Study Programmes, forms, etc. can be obtained from the Office of Student Records in person or by phone, by calling ++385 51 651 410, or on the web page http://www.riteh.uniri.hr/en/education/postgraduate-doctoral-study/.
About the School
The tradition of Higher Education in Rijeka dates back as far as 1627, whereas the first milestone of the systematic education of engineering personnel in this area is laid by the displacement of the ... Read More