- Duration (years): 3
- Qualification Awarded: Computer Science (PhD, 3 years)
- Level of Qualification: 3rd Cycle (Doctorate)
- Language of Instruction: The research and the writing up of the Ph.D. Thesis can be either in English or in Greek (the language is subject to the approval of the Supervising Team).
- Mode of Study: Full time/ Part time
- Minimum Credits: 90
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 180
Profile of the Programme:
The Ph.D. in Computer Science, in line with the general philosophy of Doctoral Degrees, provides the student with:
- the most advanced knowledge of Computer Science and Information Technologies and Communications
- the most advanced and specialised skills and techniques, required to solve critical problems in research and/or innovation and to extend and redefine existing knowledge or professional practice in the broad area of Computer Science
- competencies related to substantial authority, innovation, autonomy, scholarly and professional integrity
The Ph.D. programme requires the completion of 180 ECTS out of which, 60 ECTS are allocated to the preparation of the research proposal, 90 ECTS are allocated to the research and writing up of the writing up of the Thesis and 30 ECTS for the defence of the Thesis.
The minimum number of years for completing the Ph.D. is three (3) and the maximum number of years is eight (8).
Ph.D. holders in Computer Science will:
- have deep understanding of the field and exhibit advanced skills and methods of research associated with the field
- be able to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial process of research
- have made a contribution through original research that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work, some of which merits national or international refereed publication
- be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas
- be able to promote, within academic and professional contexts, technological, social or cultural advancement in a knowledge based society
- be able to work in Universities, Institutes of Higher Education and Research centers and organizations
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 15, 2017