The basic premise of doctoral study and, consequently, the PhD course in Informatics is the production of new knowledge through original research.
Underlying this premise are general objectives of this course:
- To train PhDs in Computer Science, capable of producing theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of Computing and Information and Communication Technologies, generating and multiplying scientific investigations, adequate to society and the national and international academic environment;
- Provide doctoral students with the opportunity to improve or acquire skills and experience in face of the different dimensions of information technology, as well as the competence to develop high level research and stimulate scientific research;
- To contribute to the deepening of relations between Higher Education, Science and Innovation, in accordance with the objectives of the Science 2010 program.
- Weekly Schedule: Friday and Saturday
- Academic Calendar: September to June
Two preparatory semesters four semesters of research
The PhD course provides specialized specialized training in the fulfillment of academic positions (universities and polytechnic institutes) and non-academic, national and international.
About the School
A Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, sedeada em Vila Real, mais conhecida por UTAD, é uma instituição orientada para a criação, transmissão e difusão da cultura, do saber e da ciência. Situa ... Read More