Why our APU Ph.D. by Research Programme?
- You will be assigned to a group of highly qualified supervisors.
- A wide range of latest research areas in the fields of computing and business administration areas.
- We have our regular research workshops, colloquium, and seminars facilitated by local and international academicians and professionals.
- Comprehensive Student Support Services.
- Resourceful online databases.
Full-time (3-5 years)
Part-time ( 5-7 years)
RM 45,000 (USD 10,720)
Ideally, students work with potential supervisors to develop a proposal.
*Supervisory sessions consist of 4 elements as appropriate to the candidate’s background:
- Research Methods
- Literature Review
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- Design of Research Proposal
Students with entry qualifications of a mixed mode Masters programme with minimum 30% research component and a pass in a research module will be required to undergo 3 and 4 above.
Students with entry qualifications of a full research Masters will be required to undergo 4 above.
Subject to the expertise within the School of Computing, Engineering, and Technology, the areas of research include, but are not limited to the following:
- Software Engineering
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Security and Forensics
- Intelligent Systems
- Computer Networks
- Information Retrieval
- Multimedia Systems
- Database Systems
Minimum Entry Requirement
- A Masters degree in a related field accepted by the APU Senate.
- Other qualifications, equivalent to a Masters degree, that are accepted by the APU Senate.
- Minimum English language requirements of IELTS 6.5.
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018