This course has as main objective to equip doctoral students with knowledge to design, implement and evaluate territorially differentiated solutions for intelligent, inclusive and sustainable development, capable of responding to the needs and expectations of diverse people, organizations and communities.
It proposes an innovative approach combining:
- interdisciplinary reading of reality;
- articulation of the local and regional scale with global changes; and c) co-creation of knowledge with the subjects of development.
Among the competences to be acquired in the scope of the PhD in Development, Societies and Territories are: - To increase knowledge and critical understanding of the diversity of socio-economic development models and their applicability in a territorial context; - To construct interdisciplinary interpretation and analysis frameworks of the problems and multidimensional solutions raised by the processes of development in the communities, organizations and territories, considering the articulation with the dynamics of global scale change, - Combining theoretical and methodological knowledge to conceive and carry out innovative research projects at the frontier of knowledge, relevant to the advancement of the state of the art in the field of the program and in responding to societal challenges, - building new knowledge and innovative public policies to meet local and regional challenges in the context of action research and on the basis of the participatory approach multi-actor and transdisciplinary co-creation of knowledge and experience - Communicate and argue the research rigorously and recognized by its peers and in a way understandable to the general public.
Curricular part - Face-to-face, tutorial and e-learning Thesis - Full or partial availability, the PhD is co-responsible for managing the time needed for the research work in conjunction with his or her Advisor (s).
3 years, 6 semesters
- Flexible criteria are applied to allow the admission of students from different areas, taking into account the interdisciplinary profile of the course;
- Preference is given to students with a Master's degree (MSc), although holders of a licenciado degree or legal equivalent, or other candidates with a relevant academic or academic curriculum, may be admitted, in accordance with the opinion of the Course's Executive Committee;
- Professional experience in the field of socio-economic development in a territorial context is emphasized, with emphasis on professionals from private and non-profit organizations, social entrepreneurs, staff and other public administration professionals, among others.
About the School
A Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, sedeada em Vila Real, mais conhecida por UTAD, é uma instituição orientada para a criação, transmissão e difusão da cultura, do saber e da ciência. Situa ... Read More