PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering (100% in English)
Abdullah Gül University (AGU) aims to be a research-oriented university with state-of–the-art facilities designed for multi-disciplinary research and graduate studies. AGU faculty with full experience in national and international research projects will produce benefits for all stakeholders. AGU pays special attention to building relationships with industry in order to establish efficient collaboration for qualified R&D projects.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department’s PhD Programs at AGU emphasizes advanced graduate education for cutting-edge research. Our research focuses on current high-growth fields like optics, photonics, nanotechnology, biomedical and bioinformatics, information and communications technology, power systems engineering, energy, control and automation.
We believe that Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) PhD program at AGU will build its reputation based on the quality of its faculty members and graduate students. Bright, motivated and ambitious graduate students with renowned professors in their field will help to develop one of the best ECE programs.
Come and join us to build up a successful career at AGU!
Optics, Photonics and Nanotechnology
- Micro and nanophotonic device and technologies
- Light detection and ranging – LIDAR
- Microwave photonics
- Laser system design
- Optical communication
- Metamaterials, plasmonics, photonic crystals
- Graphene and similar 2D crystal based nanophotonic devices
- Plasmonic biosensors and super absorbers for energy harvesting
- Semiconductor nanocrystal quantum dots, metal nanoparticles, nanocomposites
- Flexible and stretchable electronics
- Excitonic- plasmonic nanostructures for light harvesting
- Novel optoelectronic devices
- Control methods in quantum models
- Manipulation with quantum objects
Faculty Members: Dr. Evren Mutlugün, Dr.Hümeyra Çağlayan, Dr. İbrahim T. Özdür, Dr. Sergey Borisenok.
Biomedical and Bioinformatics
- Biomedical instrumentation
- Neural engineering
- Cardiovascular engineering
- Machine learning
- Computational biology
- Artificial intelligence
- Biomedical signal processing and pattern recognition
- Quantitative EEG
- Brain dynamics
Faculty Members: Dr. Burcu Güngör, Dr. Bülent Yılmaz, Dr. Kutay İçöz, Dr. Sergey Borisenok , Dr. Zafer Aydın.
Information and Communications Technology
- Wireless and mobile communication
- Cloud computing
- Computer networks
- Optical communication and optical networks
- Radio over Fiber (RoF)
- Communication in smart electronic systems
- Wireless sensor networks
- Underwater and underground communication networks
- Chaos and cryptography
Faculty Members: Dr. Çağrı V. Güngör, Dr. Günyaz Ablay, Dr. İbrahim T. Özdür
Energy, Power Electronics, Control and Automation
- Electricity generation by wind energy and alternative energy sources
- Energy storage systems and controls
- Electric and hybrid electric vehicles
- Control theory and its applications
- Online fault diagnosis
- Nuclear energy technologies
Faculty Members: Dr. Günyaz Ablay, Dr. İrfan Alan
- M. Sc. degree from Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field
- 2.20 or greater cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- ALES ≥ 70 or GRE Quantitative ≥ 708
- * English Requirement: YDS: 70 or TOEFL-PBT ≥ 561 or TOEFL-CBT: 221 or TOEFL İBT:84
- Letter of Intend
- 2 Reference Letters
- Evaluation by Interview (it "may" include oral or written exam).
AGU looks forward to welcoming you to its brand new Campus and is ready to make sure you are fully equipped with all the knowledge, skills, experience and international exposure you need to have a significant impact on today's and our future globalized society.
This school offers programs in: