Double degree programme with Miguel Hernandez University of Elche, Spain
Electrical and electronic engineering is one of the widest research fields. There are no sectors in industry or science which could develop without innovative electronic solutions. Investigations during doctoral studies are carried out in the fields of ultrasonic measurements and diagnostics in aviation; and energy generation and supply systems; and in other industrial sectors, applications of electronic solutions in biomedicine, monitoring and control systems for various economic and transportation facilities, including signal processing and imaging. Investigations are conducted using modern research tools and instruments in the ‘Santaka’ scientific valley.
KTU doctoral students majoring in Electrical and electronic engineering may use the possibilities to carry out part of their experiments in the research institutions of the United Kingdom (The Welding Institute, TWI) and Spain (Miguel Hernandez University of Elche).
Core research themes:
- Signal processing
- Instrumentation technology
Minimum Qualification for Admission to PhD Programme in Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
- Master’s or equivalent qualification diploma
Application and the following documents are submitted online at apply.ktu.edu:
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts (translated into English or Lithuanian and notary verified).
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- References by two academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science (one must be written by the supervisor of the research topic that the candidate is applying for)
- List of scientific publications (published and accepted to publication)
- Copies of scientific publications (in case a candidate does not have any publication, a research paper on the research topic that the candidate is applying for, is obligatory)
- Research proposal on the research topic that the candidate is applying for
- Copy of application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens).
- Certificate of English proficiency: IELTS >=6.5, TOEFL>=90, ECFR>=C1, or equivalent (or a proof that the previous studies were in English)
About the School
Kaunas University of Technology - KTU - is one the largest technological universities in the Baltics. Known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinar ... Read More