Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Ph.D. program in Electrical Engineering aims to provide advanced education and a cutting-edge research experience in electrical and electronics engineering, or in electrical and computer engineering crossing the boundary of the two disciplines. The focus of this program is excellence in research. Graduates of the program can join industry or continue to work in academia.
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- Computational EM, Waves and Optics
- Computer Graphics
- Concurrent systems: Multi-threaded software, multi-core systems
- Cryptography, Security, and Privacy
- Design Technologies for Hardware, Software, and Biological Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Distributed & Parallel Computing
- Image Processing & Computer Vision
- Information Theory
- Integrated Circuits and Computer-Aided Design for VLSI
- Intelligent Systems & Machine Learning
- Micro & Nano Systems (MEMS & NEMS) Multimedia & Networking Multimedia
- Signal Processing
- Nanoscale and Molecular Communications
- Natural Language Processing
- Peer-to-Peer Systems and Network Protocols
- Secure Cloud Services
- Software Engineering: Reliability, Analysis, Verification
- Speech Processing
- Underwater Acoustic Communications
- Wireless Communications
- Wireless Networks
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted have the following offer:
- Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 3,000 TL.
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award for MSc students: 2000 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 1,500 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
Program taught in:
See 14 more programs offered by Koc University - Istanbul Turkey »
This course is