Why our APU Ph.D. by Research Programme?
- You will be assigned to a group of highly qualified supervisors.
- A wide range of latest research areas in the fields of computing and business administration areas.
- We have our regular research workshops, colloquium, and seminars facilitated by local and international academicians and professionals.
- Comprehensive Student Support Services.
- Resourceful online databases.
Full-time (3-5 years)
Part-time ( 5-7 years)
RM 45,000 (USD 10,720)
Ideally, students work with potential supervisors to develop a proposal.
*Supervisory sessions consist of 4 elements as appropriate to the candidate’s background:
- Research Methods
- Literature Review
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- Design of Research Proposal
Students with entry qualifications of a mixed mode Masters programme with minimum 30% research component and a pass in a research module will be required to undergo 3 and 4 above.
Students with entry qualifications of a full research Masters will be required to undergo 4 above.
Subject to the expertise within the School of Engineering, the areas of research include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sustainable Development
- Renewable Energy
- Power Electronics
- Corporate Finance
- Data Analytics
- Medical image processing
- Neural networks
- Data Compression
- User interfaces
- Content-based retrieval
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Engineering
- Signal and Image Processing
- Rapid Prototyping
- Engineering Materials
- Silicon Nanoelectronics
- Nanofabrication Technologies
- Single Electron Transistors
- Quantum Computation
- Radiation Detectors
- Optics fiber/wireless communication
- Infrared remote sensing Technology
- Wireless and Mobile Systems
- Active Radiofrequency Identification System (RFID)
- Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
- Antenna Design
- Ultra Wideband applications
- Electromagnetic sensing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Speech Technology (Recognition and Synthesis)
- Image Processing
- Biomedical applications in Engineering
- Image Segmentation
Minimum Entry Requirement
- A Masters degree in a related field accepted by the APU Senate.
- Other qualifications, equivalent to a Masters degree, that are accepted by the APU Senate.
- Minimum English language requirements of IELTS 6.5.
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.