Aims of the programme:
- to train highly qualified linguistic experts who will be able to deal independently with methodological and practical issues in synchronic and diachronic linguistics.
- to improve the current structure of research/teaching teams at the University and to offer existing teachers the opportunity to acquire additional qualifications.
The conditions given below are stipulated by the Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ostrava in accordance with Section 49, Subsections 1–5, Act no. 111/1998 Sb. on higher education institutions, as subsequently amended.
The application form (in electronic form, with an abridged version to be printed out upon completion of the form; the submission deadline is generally on 31 August of each year) must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- a document showing the applicant’s citizenship
- a certified copy of a document showing that the applicant is the holder of a university degree at Master’s level (Mgr. / M.A. or equivalent)
- an overview of the applicant’s research activities to date (e.g. publications, study visits, courses, conferences, etc.)
- a plan outlining the intended topic and structure of the applicant’s dissertation (in English)
- a reference from a member of the teaching/research community
The admissions procedure involves an interview (in English). Applicants must explain their choice of topic for their planned dissertation, showing a good knowledge of the relevant linguistic literature on the topic in question; the dissertation may focus on topics related to professional language and professional discourse. It is also expected that the applicant will be capable of demonstrating an excellent level of knowledge when responding to various questions on linguistic disciplines that traditionally form part of philological curricula at university English linguistics departments.
The interview is conducted in person; it cannot be conducted by correspondence or electronic communication. The date of the interview (usually in September) is announced by the Dean of the Faculty on the recommendation of the Chair of the Doctoral Programme Committee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018