The study program aims to:
- Contribute to environmental trends developed in our society;
- Foster public opinion for solving environmental problems;
- Scientific Research;
With the completion of Ph.D. studies, students acquire 180 ECTS. Their knowledge and skills can be effectively applied in the field of Environmental Management for research purposes. Also, may find employment in Institutions for environmental protection where they can apply their acquired knowledge into practice.
Knowledge and understanding
- Shows a systematic understanding of the research field and excellent knowledge of research methods and skills within that field according to the highest international standards;
- Advanced knowledge of the effects of natural processes that take place in the environment;
- Advanced environmental topics such as the greenhouse effect, acid rain, air pollution;
- Advanced knowledge of the importance of effective actions to protect and improve the environment.
Applying knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrates ability to interpret, design, apply and adapt essential research subject with scientific integrity;
- Gives a contribution through original research that transcends the existing boundaries of knowledge, developing new knowledge, in the level of national and international reviewed publications;
- Knowledge of the environmental, economic and educational processes;
- Follow-up of scientific world trends.
- Ability for critical analysis, evaluation, and synthesis of new and complex ideas, competency assessment;
- Ability to independently initiate and participate in national and international research networks and events with research integrity;
- Ability to independently initiate research and development projects that will generate new knowledge and skills for the research field development;
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, strategies, and possibilities of their application in solving certain problems in the field of environmental management;
- Understanding the mutual relationship between the society and the environment.
- Skills in collection, preparation, analysis, and display of environmental data necessary for its management.
- Communication with colleagues, the wider academic community, and society within his/her area of expertise;
- The skills that will be acquired through these programs can be divided into action skills (intellectual and transferable) and technical skills (practical and knowledge-based);
- According to the selected program, learning outcomes that students will obtain can be grouped as follows;
- It is expected to be capable to promote him/herself in academic and professional frameworks and in technological, social or cultural development in a society based on knowledge;
- Formulate appropriate questions that will lead to successful study and research,
- Define such fundamental concepts as the environment, society, development and technology, and application of local, national and global experience.
- Develop hypotheses based on balanced information, critical analysis and careful synthesis, and test them against new information, and personal experience and beliefs.
List of courses
- Research Methodology (10.0 ECTS)
- Environmental Law (10.0 ECTS)
- Institutional Position and Cooperation in the Environmental Field (10.0 ECTS)
- Advanced Concepts in Information Systems (10.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 1 (10.0 ECTS)
- Elective course 2 (10.0 ECTS)
- Doctoral seminar with a presentation of the report I (10.0 ECTS)
- Preparation and submission of the application for the topic of doctoral dissertation - research (20.0 ECTS)
- Researching and organizing a workshop for research practice (10.0 ECTS)
- Publications (20.0 ECTS)
- Presentation of Research Results (20.0 ECTS)
- Doctoral seminar with a presentation of the report II (10.0 ECTS)
- Doctoral Thesis (30.0 ECTS)
About the School
South East European University (SEEU) is private, public, not for profit higher education institution, consisting of faculties, centres and institutes as its integral part, specialized in socio-econom ... Read More