The goal of the study is to educate specialists with a deep knowledge in the field of food chemistry, food/feed analysis, and human nutrition - reflecting the current state of the art in the respective scientific field and with the vision of future developments/challenges. The students will get not only an extensive theoretical knowledge but also broad practical experience in laboratories equipped with the modern instrumentation. The courses provided to a future specialist are focused on reaction occurring in food during processing transportation and /or storage. The major parameters of foodstuffs such as nutritional value, sensory properties and safety are under focus, food supplements are also an issue of concern. Special attention is paid to advanced analytical strategies applicable for efficient control of chemical contaminants/ residues/toxicants, attention is also paid to modern omics strategies enabling fighting food fraud and studies of biologically active food components. As regards human nutrition, some courses are concerned also with medical aspect associated with this area.
The graduate is expertly prepared for various roles in leading positions requiring an application of a comprehensive knowledge in the field of food chemistry, food analysis, food safety, nutrition and environmental protection. The graduate is prepared for the management / performing a research both in private sector and governmental institutions. In addition to these positions, graduates thanks to intensive courses focused on human nutrition as advisors and /or coordinators.
Selection of recent theses
- The antioxidant activity evaluation of Maillard reaction products in model systems and selected plant foods
- Novel Techniques in Analysis of Food Contaminant Residues
- Study of release of industrial contaminants into food chains
- Novel approaches to study the fate of contaminants in food and environment
- Novel strategies in the analysis of environmental contaminants
- Application of mass spectrometric techniques for complex quality and safety assessment of heat treated potato and cereal foods
- The occurrence of mycotoxins in cereals and their fate during food processing
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018