The main aim of the doctoral program is to prepare graduates with the ability of independent creative work and deep knowledge in the field of food technology and other related subjects. The study is focused on the scientific and research work in technological processes and is based on comprehensive knowledge of the chemical, biological, engineering and economic disciplines, and the knowledge of the solution of the specific complex problems of chosen food branches (cereal, baker and sugar technology, dairy and fat technology, meat and meat products technology, technology of fruit and vegetables, technology of surfactants and detergents and cosmetics).
Graduates are able to work in science and research or directly in the food industry, as well as in the related fields like cosmetics and chemical industry, including the processing of waste and protection of the environment. They may hold management positions in development, production, control, and projection in commercial firms or state institutions. Due to the broad concept of expertise the graduates are ready not only for professional action in their specialization but also for the adaptation for possible application in other technical and scientific fields.
Selection of recent theses
- Preparation and characterization of sorbents based on modified polysaccharides
- Functional properties of whey proteins
- Trends in food packaging: packaging with antimicrobial activity and hygienic aspects of use of plasticizers based on epoxidized soybean oil
- Radical and pericyclic reactions in fats and oils under high temperatures
- Assessment of Authenticity of Vinegar and Canned Products Containing Vinegar
- Selected factors affecting safety of foodstuffs and dishes
- Fractionation of major whey proteins
- Causes and prevention of defects of food products
- Preparation of polysaccharide derivatives with application significance
- Structural analysis of polysaccharides of medicinal wood-decay mushrooms
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018