Program Description & Objectives
Geology is a program that studies material compositions, internal structure and external features of earth, mutual interactions between earths and the history of the evolution of earth.
PhD students in Geology should grasp basic theories firmly and comprehensively. They should have systematic and specialized knowledge, broad scientific horizon, academic innovating ability, and be able to undertake scientific research work independently and solve problems relevant to the discipline; to make innovations in science and engineering technology.
- Molecular Organic Geochemistry
- Tectonism and Sedimentation in Sedimentary Basin
- Modern Theory of Petroleum Accumulation
- Modern Technology and Method of Instrumental Analysis
- Sedimentology and Paleogeography
- Petrology and Reservoir Geology
- Sequence Stratigraphy and Logging Geology
- Organic Geochemistry
- Regional Structure and Basin Analysis
- Environmental Geology and Geochemistry
- Oil Region Structural Analysis
- Fossil Energy Formation and Enrichment Mechanism
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 4 years.
- Minimum credits: 16
HSK 5 with at least 180 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
Applications open from October to May 30th for postgraduate studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials, apply for scholarships and look for supervisors.
About the School
China University of Petroleum (CUPB) was founded in 1953, nominated as one of the key national universities in 1960, and is a ‘211’ national universities under administration of the Ministry of Educat ... Read More