The main research of the graduate program of the department include seismology, geophysical prospection, marine geophysics, seismotectonic, geology, and geodesy. Fully integrated seismology program including theoretical, observational and computational seismology is active pursuit. Programs in seismic and geophysical (electrical, magnetic, gravity) prospecting, MT sounding, well logging, and geology are performed through international and interdisciplinary cooperation to solve practical problems. Each research group is equipped with the state-of-the-art instruments and computing facilities, including those used in field works. Internationally well-known, the department is evolving toward a more advanced, integrated tomorrow in frontier research in Earth Sciences.
- Theoretical geophysics
- Communication Theory Ⅰ
- Source Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Geology
- Advanced Seismology I
- Basin Analysis
- Seismic Data Processing
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Advanced Seismic Exploration
- Engineering Earthquake Case Analysis
- Natural Resource
- Unconventional Resources
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits : 18 credits (including 4 credits of Seminar & 4 semesters of Colloquium)
Duration of Study : 2~7 years
Other requirements :
- Pass qualification examination within the first two years.
- Elective Courses(pass the course of Theoretical Geophysics)
- Publish at least one first-author SCI paper or three co-authors SCI papers.
- Finish a progress report of a dissertation.
- Pass an oral defense of dissertation at least 2 months following the progress report.
Research Facilities & Lab
- Strong Ground Motion Research Group
- Subducting Slab Research Group
- Reflection Seismic Research Group
- Electromagnetic Exploration Research Group
- Computational Geophysical Research Group
- Gravity and Magnetism laboratory Research Group
- Study Plan
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency
- Related Academic Publications
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017