Founded in 2001, the Institute of Hydrological Sciences (IHS) provides opportunities in research and education in three major areas: global hydrological cycles, hydrosphere environmental sciences, and information-technology based hydro-hazard mitigation. Through analysis, observation, and multi-scale modeling, the IHS seeks to investigate various processes and phenomena crucial to the environmental sustainability pertaining to the hydrological cycle, including climate change, land-ocean-atmosphere interactions, precipitation processes, surface/subsurface hydrology, coastal ocean processes and aquatic biogeochemistry. IHS welcomes domestic as well as international collaboration, which is much needed for attacking research topics of regional to global scale. Currently, IHS has seven full-time faculty members with diverse but solid backgrounds and offers M.S. and Ph.D. programs.
Aquatic Chemistry, Fluid Dynamics, Applied Mathematics Methods, Land Hydrological Processes, Atmospheric and Oceanic Processes
Air-sea Interaction, Special topics on ocean turbulence, Special Topic on Coastal Environments Scientific Computing, Advanced Fluid Mechanics, Ocean Wave Dynamics
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 18 credits (NOT including Seminar & Journal Study)
Duration of Study: 2~7 years
Other requirements :
- Pass doctoral candidacy qualification examination within 2-5 years.
- Journal Review
- Elective Courses
- Public at least one paper in internationally recognized journals.
- Pass an oral defense of a dissertation.
Research Facilities & Lab
- Tsunami Science Research Group
- Surface Hydrology Research Group
- Environmental Fluid Dynamics Observing Research Group
- Biogeochemical Research Group
- Marine Physical Observation Research Group
- Multiphase Flow in Porous Media Research Group
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
About the School
National Central University was originally founded in Nanjing, China in 1915. NCU had later developed into a renowned academic institution with comprehensive programs and outstanding faculty, enjoying ... Read More