PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
Protable design and operation of modern industrial and service systems require integration of human,material, equipment and nancial resources. In recent years this integration has become tighterdue to the inclusion of information technology, and resulted in more complex systems. Industrial Engineering research focuses on quantitative analysis, synthesis and management of such complex systems. The aliated faculty members come from the Industrial Engineering department of the College of Engineering, the Operations and Information Systems group of the College of Administrative Sciences and Economics, and other related elds. Our research areas are diverse, including Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations, Production Systems, Stochastic Processes, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining and Bioinformatics. The programs are built on the basic methodologies of operations research and their applications in manufacturing, distribution and service industries. Graduates of the M.S. program have been placed in respectable Ph.D. programs in North America, Europe and Turkey as well as various professional positions in industry since 2003. The first graduates of the Ph.D. program were produced in 2009 and they are pursuing their academic career either through a post-doc program or by joining respectable universities in Turkey or abroad. While our M.S. program provides a strong foundation for academic studies in terms of Industrial Engineering knowledge as well as developing research skills, our Ph.D. program provides advanced education emphasizing the discovery of new scientific knowledge through extensive research experience. The aim is to produce competitive research results and educate the future leaders of the profession. The potential opportunities for graduates of the programs are diverse and include:
For M.S. graduates, continuing their graduate studies with the best Ph.D. programs worldwide, and for Ph.D. students, starting their academic career in respectable universities worldwide; employment in private and government organizations where they can provide the necessary technical and managerial expertise and leadership; starting new business ventures in industry or in services.
- Data Mining
- Financial Engineering
- Optimization Theory and Algorithms
- Production Systems and Scheduling
- Service Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE : APRIL 21, 2013
- REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2013
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Application Form
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted have the following offer:
- Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 3,000 TL .
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award for MSc students: 2000 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 1,500 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 3, 2017