This program gives emphasis to research on both leadership and governance philosophy, theory and practice, to analyze from a leadership (in contrast to management) framework. The program provides for examining leadership and governance practices, including leader-follower context dynamics, adaptive leadership, and stewardship of financial, material and human resources. It has the following concentrations;
- Corporate Leadership and Governance,
- Leadership Psychology,
- Public Governance,
- Civic Leadership,
- Religious Sector Leadership and
- Governance, Statesmanship & Political Leadership.
Ph.D. Programs Mode of study options for the coursework period:
- Evening classes - Monday-Thursday
- Weekend classes - Friday and Saturday
- Modular classes - 2 weeks every semester
Headway / Unsplash
- To be admitted to an AIU doctoral program, an applicant must hold a Master's degree from AIU or an institution recognized by the AIU Senate. Beyond the possession of a degree, the applicant must have a cumulative mean of at least a B in his/her Masters's studies and must demonstrate ability in academic research. Specific program minimum requirements will apply.
- In exceptional cases, Senate, on the recommendation of any of the schools, may admit to the doctorate program, applicants who do hold a Master’s degree, provided that such candidates, on the basis of the research, professional and academic work they have done, can demonstrate that they are well qualified to undertake doctoral work.
When to Apply
Applications for the regular programs normally close on the 15th of December for the January intake, 15th April for the May intake and 15th August for the September intake.
For international students to be accepted in the September intake, your application form should have been sent by April, for January intake you should have sent your application by September and for April intake you should have sent you an application form by January.
For the School-Based programs, your application should reach us not later than 10th March for the April holidays, 10th July for the August holidays and 10th November for the December Holidays.
About the School
Africa International University is a chartered Christian university located in the serene environment of Karen, Nairobi, a strategic location, serene and conducive for learning. Africa International U ... Read More