This fee-paying full-time mode programme is open to those individuals holding a Master's degree in a field related to English philology (literature and/or linguistics) or teaching English (as either a first or second language) from an institution of higher education in the Czech Republic or abroad.
1. Submission of an electronic application in the Masaryk University Information System.
2. Submission of three letters of recommendation in English.
3. Submission of a copy of the applicants Master's Thesis (in English). If this is not available, an English-language summary of the thesis must be provided together with a minimum twenty-page sample of the applicant's academic or scholarly writing in English. Graduates of Masaryk University need not submit a copy, as their theses are available to the Doctoral Studies Committee via the Masaryk University Information System.
4. Submission of a transcript(s) of university/college studies, which must include:
- Dates you attended the institution(s)
- Titles of courses and examinations you completed and the marks received
5. Submission of a research proposal for the doctoral dissertation (in English).
6. A statement of motivation to pursue a doctoral degree in the Literatures in English at Masaryk University (in English).
7. Submission of an academic Curriculum Vitae (in English).
8. An English-language test score not more than one year old at the submission of the application from the following testing agencies:
- IELTS score of 8.0 or higher
- Certificate of Cambridge Proficiency in English with a mark of A or B
- TOEFL iBT score of 110 or higher
- Graduates of colleges or universities located in English-speaking countries (e.g. the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the English-speaking countries of the Caribbean, Africa and Asia) need not submit test scores.
9. Receive a positive recommendation from the Literatures in English Doctoral Studies Committee, which is based on a complex evaluation of the materials set out in Items 1 to 8.
10. In addition, all applicants with foreign degrees (except as set out below) must submit their Master's degree for official recognition by the Czech Republic's Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. As this process ("nostrification") can take several months, it is recommended that applicants submit this paperwork concurrently with their application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 26, 2018