The field of study is concerned with a synthesis of macromolecular substances and modification of natural polymeric compounds and understanding relation polymer structure - properties. During the study and research work, the students obtain knowledge about methods for polymer characterization. They will adopt advanced analytical methods for polymer characterization, a composition of materials as well as the mathematical method and models for description the technological processes of polymer production.
The graduates find employment in basic and applied research in the fields of macromolecular chemistry, processing of polymer materials, polymer recycling and pharmaceutical chemistry at universities, research institutes in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Selection of recent theses
- Biodegradovatelné polyester vhodné pro přípravu mikrovláken
- Cryogels for applications in tissue engineering
- Biologicky rozložitelné polymerní materiály
- Nové polyuretany na bázi polykarbonátu: příprava a multidisciplinární charakterizace
- Studium přípravy a vlastností vysoce větvených polyimidů a materiálů na jejich bázi
- The preparation and structural characterization of hybrid inorganic-organic polymer systems/ The development and application of solid-state NMR techniques
- The preparation and characterization of poly(α-amino acid)s scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Catalytic conversion of carbon oxides to new polymeric materials
Program taught in:
See 17 more programs offered by University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague »
Last updated January 22, 2019
This course is