PhD in Management
The Doctoral Degree Program (Ph. D.) in Management offered by Alliance School of Business, Alliance University balances solid grounding in the fundamentals of the discipline with the flexibility to combine and create new knowledge that is derived from a doctoral student's research interest. Doctoral students are expected to pursue academically rigorous coursework and work independently on a research topic that develops and leads to the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
Doctoral students will be part of an intellectually-stimulating and demanding environment that requires participation in seminars, interactive discussions and workshops, which are delivered by research scholars, faculty and experts from the respective areas. Doctoral students are encouraged to develop original ideas, collaborate on research projects and present their work at major national and international conferences.
Areas for Research
The doctoral study at the Alliance School of Business is offered in the following areas of specialization:
- Organization, Leadership & Human Resources
- Systems and Operations
In the event that a doctoral student selects an interdisciplinary area of research, the University would consider such request on a case-by-case basis.
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Management degree compatible with international requirements that allows doctoral graduates to pursue careers in business academia at universities worldwide
- The program admits both internal as well as external doctoral scholars
- The curriculum is designed to provide a strong grounding in the theory and practice of management in a specialization area
- Intensive coursework and doctoral dissertation in a specialization area of choice: Marketing; Finance; Organization Leadership & Human Resources; Systems and Operations
- Coursework is comprised of four subjects in Management Science and four subjects within the student’s area of specialization
- Comparable to the best doctoral program offerings globally with teaching and guidance by highly accomplished full-time as well as international faculty guides
Admission to the Ph. D. Program in Management at the Alliance School of Business, Alliance University is strictly based on merit.
Master’s degree with 60% marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate from a recognized University in a management related discipline
- A minimum of two years full-time work experience
- A high score in GMAT/CAT or Alliance Aptitude Test (AAT)
Candidates are required to appear for the Admission Selection Process comprised of:
- Alliance Aptitude Test (AAT)
- Personal Interview
Evaluation of the research synopsis on a proposed dissertation work
The School also uses other parameters such as scholastic and extracurricular record and work experience for admission. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the overall performance in the Admission Selection Process.
Students not having an MBA Degree or equivalent degree are required to attend courses as follows to enable to attend the coursework of the Doctoral Program.
These classes are offered for the regular MBA program at the Alliance School of Business and completing the course with a CGPA of 2.5 is essential to pursue the Doctoral Program.
The Courses are as follows:
1. Corporate Finance
2. Financial Reporting
3. Leadership and OB
4. Marketing Management
5. Operations Management
6. Management of Innovation and Technology
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 14, 2017