Double degree programme with partners in Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials Network
According to the classification of scientific fields, the concept of material engineering involves all works in the field of material science and material technologies. It is quite a wide totality of scientific problems, involving various issues of the research of materials aiming to improve the present properties of materials, create new materials and obtain information about properties of materials that have not been researched yet (the issues of materials science), as well as works of technological nature aiming to create more efficient methods for production of materials (it is an object of technology).
Thus, material engineering can be comprehended as the area involving two inevitably related components: fundamental scientific research and practical engineering.
Doctoral studies in Material Engineering are provided and scientific research is conducted at the Institute of Materials Science, Faculties of Chemical Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Design, and Mathematics and Natural Sciences. These scientific and educational departments have modern equipment, scientific experience, and competencies. Part of them conducts research of global level, focused on creation, development, and application of technologies for knowledge-intensive material production processes.
The programme aims to prepare the best-qualified specialists – scientists, who are able to individually conduct the works of scientific research and experimental development, and contribute to solving of relevant scientific problems of material engineering.
Core research themes:
- Composite materials
- Polymer technology, biopolymers
- Textiles technology
- Coatings and surface treatment
- Optical materials
- Laser technology
- Material technology
Application and the following documents are submitted online at apply.ktu.edu :
- Official legalized Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts (translated into English or Lithuanian and notary verified).
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- References by two academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science (one of the references must be of the supervisor of the chosen topic)
- List of scientific publications (also accepted publications)
- Copies of scientific publications (or a research paper on the selected topic from the list of available topics, if a candidate does not have any publication)
- Copy of application fee payment (40 EUR for EU citizens, and 100 EUR for non-EU citizens).
- Certificate of English proficiency: IELTS >=6.5, TOEFL>=90, ECFR>=C1, or equivalent (or a proof that the previous studies were in English)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018