PhD in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics offers graduate courses leading to the PhD degree in Mathematics. The department emphasizes both pure and applied mathematics. Research in the department covers algebra, algebraic geometry, number theory, functional analysis, differential geometry, differential equations, combinatorics, topology, biomathematics, statistics, probability, stochastic analysis and mathematical physics. In addition to the following courses, students in this program can take any of the courses listed under the “M.S. in Mathematics” program or from other courses not listed here in accordance with their areas of specialization and subject to the approval of their advisors.
- Number Theory
- Differential Equations
- Molecular dynamics
- Mathematical Physics
- Numeric Analysis
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Algebraic Geometry
- Geometry and Topology
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted have the following offer:
- Tuition waiver (55,500 TL/year) plus 1, 800 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 2,200 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 3,000 TL.
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award for MSc students: 2000 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 1,500 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
Program taught in: