C A L L
for admission of students to postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes for acquiring the academic degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Engineering Sciences in the academic year 2019/20:
In the subjects of Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Basic Engineering Sciences and Interdisciplinary Engineering Sciences for the modules
- Production Engineering
- Thermal Power Engineering
- Computational Mechanics
- Design and Building of Ships
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Quality Assurance and Engineering System Control
The number of students accepted: 30.
By choosing courses with the guidance of his or her supervisor, each student can adjust the programme to his or her research interests.
Postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes accept applicants with the following degrees: Graduate Engineer, Master of Engineering, or Master of Engineering Sciences (in the subjects of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture). The programme is also open to applicants with a degree in related fields, in which case they might need to pass exams in supplemental courses. Applicants must have completed a university graduate study programme with 300 ECTS credits including the undergraduate part of the programme, or a university undergraduate study programme of at least 4 years. Applicants who have earned a degree from a foreign educational institution are required to attach a decision from a competent authority on the recognition of the foreign degree.
Applications for admission are to be submitted to the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Vukovarska ulica 58, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia, from 2 to 6 September 2019. Upon applying, applicants will be called in for an interview with a committee appointed by the Faculty Council (planned for mid-September). Admission to the programme is approved by the Faculty Council.
Registration will be carried out from 30 September to 4 October 2019. Classes will start on 14 October 2019.
Applicants are required to submit the following with the Application Form PDS-1:
- completed Curriculum Vitae Form PDS-2
- certified copy of the degree from the previously completed programme, with an official document containing marks received on exams and the graduate thesis and an average mark
- two recommendations in Recommendation Form PDS-3
- supervision approval from a potential supervisor and the supervisor’s curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- birth certificate and certificate of citizenship
- note from the legal entity in which the applicant is employed, saying that it will cover the applicant’s tuition fees, or a statement from the applicant that he or she will cover the fees
- doctoral Student’s Sustainable Research Plan form, signed by the supervisor (PDS-15).
To get supervision approval, applicants first need to talk to the head of the module and the potential supervisor who must meet the conditions for supervisors in accordance with Article 18 of the Faculty of Engineering Regulations on Postgraduate Doctoral Study Programmes.
Doctoral study programme lasts six semesters. The tuition fee per semester is 500 EUR in HRK equivalent at the middle exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank on the day of payment, with additional expenses (2500 EUR in HRK) regarding thesis topic review and the defense of the thesis, in accordance with the special decision on the amount of financial compensation.
All other information regarding the call, postgraduate university (doctoral) study programmes, Regulations on Postgraduate Doctoral Study Programmes, forms, etc. can be obtained from the Office of Student Records in person or by phone, by calling ++385 51 651 410, or on the web page http://www.riteh.uniri.hr/en/education/postgraduate-doctoral-study/.