This field of study is focused on education of specialists competent to work in a wide spectrum of microbiology. The study is targeted on the complex mastering of several branches of contemporary microbiology, including environmental, clinical and food microbiology together with principles of molecular genetics.
The graduate is prepared for research, but also for the leading position in many branches of technological, clinical, environmental and food microbiology laboratories. It guarantees a deep knowledge of basic microbiology and contemporary arrays of molecular biology and biochemistry.
Selection of recent theses
- Isolation of antimicrobial peptides from plants
- Adaptation of Campylobacter jejuni to food environment
- Monitoring of environmental pollution by bioluminescent bioreporters
- Role of the RNA chaperone Hfq and small RNAs in Bordetella pertussis virulence
- Uptake and intracellular sequestration of zinc by the ectomycorrhizal fungus Russula atropurpurea
- Pro-apoptotic signaling of Bordetella pertussis adenylate cyclase toxin
- Preparation of transgenic organisms for production of therapeutic substances
- Intracellular transport of glycoprotein precursor of the Mason-Pfizer monkey virus
- The development and application of molecular biological methods in clinical microbiology
- Application of modern methods for study of food microorganisms
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 13, 2018