Spun off from the Laboratory of Science and Technology for Learning of the Computer Science and Information Engineering Department, the Graduate Institute of Network Learning Technology (NLT) was established in 2002 with a foundation built from the first phase of the 4-year University Pursuit of Academic Excellence Project on Learning Technology started in 2000, supported by the Ministry of Education. Prior to this project, the original Laboratory of Science and Technology for Learning was awarded the Laboratory of Excellent Research in the area by National Science Council in 1994.
Faculties of the Institute are conducting world-class, leading-edge research. Some of them have been invited as keynotes in various international conferences. Furthermore, they serve on editorial boards of high-standing international journals as well as on review boards of international research projects. The Institute collaborates extensively with internationally leading research laboratories or centers and conducts overseas student exchange programs.
- Special Topics in Learning Technology
- Advanced Seminar in Learning Theories
- Digital Learning
- Academic Writing of Digital Learning
- Seminar Cognitive Psychology
- Interaction Design
- Research Methods of E-Learning
- Creativity Support Tools
- Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Knowledge Management
- High Interaction in Multimedia
Requirements for Graduation
Required credits: 30 credits (including 9 credits for required courses & 6 credits for a dissertation.)
Duration of Study: 2~7 years
Other requirements :
- Elective Courses
- Pass doctoral candidacy qualification examination within the first two years.
- Pass annual academic accreditation
- Publish at least two papers in internationally recognized journals (SSCI/SCI).
- Pass an oral defense of a dissertation.
Research Facilities & Lab
- Game-Based Learning Lab
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Learning Environment Lab
- Advanced Integrative Individualization Lab
- Highly Interactive Multimedia Lab
- Interactive Technology and Learning Lab
- Internet-Based and Science Learning Lab
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or Other Evidence of English Proficiency
- Evidence of Chinese Proficiency
- Related Academic Publications
- Academic Report
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018