The structurte of doctoral programmes
Doctoral programmes include studies, research and preparation of a doctoral thesis. The full-time studies' duration is 4 years, part-time - 6 years. Upon completion of a doctoral programme and public viva voce defence of the thesis, the doctor’s degree is awarded.
The studies are organized according to each candidate's individual work plan. However, each candidate must gather at least 30 ECTS gained through study subjects (each programme includes 3-6 subjects). The other part of the studies is allotted to the groundwork, the research, publication of at least 2 scientific peer-reviewed articles, participation in scientific conferences, and completion of the doctoral thesis.
Primary admission criteria are described in the Regulation on Doctoral Training and Doctoral Studies Regulations of each science field. Applicant must be awarded a master's degree, present a research proposal and defend it in a Doctoral Committee's meeting. Also, the applicant should present his/her scientific publications (if there are any); in some fields a test in foreign language (English, French or German) is mandatory.
The Doctoral Committees specify additional admission criteria and procedures each year in spring.
Preparation of the thesis
Dissertation must be an original scientific work, which includes the overview of previous scientific research related to the subject, thesis objective and goals, research methodology and also novelty and practical significance of the dissertation. Conclusions should be presented in a separate part of the dissertation. The dissertation also includes the curriculum vitae of the author and his/her list of scientific publications.
After final preparation of dissertation and its summary, the dissertation is defended in a public event (unless the thesis includes commercial confidentiality). During the defence the doctoral candidate presents his/her thesis: research objectives and tasks, methodology, statements and main conclusions of the dissertation. The Board presents their opinions and participate in the scientific discussion after which the Board secretly votes for or against acknowledgement of doctoral degree award.
- Scientific Research Methodology PSI8001 8
- Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology PSI9001 10
To choose one:
- Research Project Management 11DVK003 6
- Philosophy of Science and Methodology SPK8001 6
- Aukštosios mokyklos didaktika EDU8110 6
To choose one:
- Advances and Perspectives in Health Psychology PSI9002 6
- Actual Problems of Contemporary Educational
- Psychology PSI9003 6
- Advances and Perspectives in Organizational
- and Business Psychology PSI9004 6
- Theoretical Models of Individual Psychology PSI9005 6
- Psychological Development: Contemporary
- approaches and Research PSI9006 6
- Contemporary Theories of Personality PSI9007 6
- Modern Conception and Research Methods of
- Emotions Theories, Expressions and Disorders PSI9008 6
- Problems and Research Directions of Modern
- Law Psychology PSI9009 6
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2017