Ph.D. in Research training in pedagogical resources and learning processes in kindergarten and school
USN offers a Ph.D. in Research training in pedagogical resources and learning processes in kindergarten and school. The program was accredited in autumn 2012.
The program shall:
- Be at the forefront of knowledge on national and international research on pedagogical resources and their meaning for learning processes and outcomes in kindergarten, school, and teacher education
- Contribute to the development of theory and knowledge relevant to professional practice in kindergartens and schools
- Contribute to the analysis, development, and reform of established practices in the pedagogical field
The program's profile consists of educational science and the science of text. Pedagogical resources' refers to traditional textbooks and other materials that are utilized in education, as well as other types of resource, such as conversations and interactions; symbols and language; forms of expression such as dance, movement, film, and music; as well as teaching and assessment methods. The concept of learning is rooted in a broad socio-cultural approach that focuses on both individual and collective learning processes and the relationships between culture, activity, and learning.
The Program Plan examines three areas:
- how learning resources are included in the activities taking place in kindergarten, school and teacher education
- how these learning resources are utilized and transformed through individual and collective learning processes
- the development, testing, and analysis of pedagogical resources
Demand for people with competence on the level of associate professor is increasing. This has opened up both teaching and research positions at colleges and positions at research institutes.
Management also requires an increase of staff with research competence related to kindergarten, school and teacher education.
Vacancies are advertised on our website. Admission requires a master's degree, normally with a grade of B or better. Applicants with external funding are admitted continuously. Applications will be processed at the upcoming board meeting, normally within two to three months after submission.
About the School
The University College of Southeast Norway (USN) is the country’s second largest state-owned university college, measured in the total number of students, and larger than several of Norway’s universit ... Read More